Tuesday, July 3, 2012

Happy 4th of July

We've survived the move. We're bit bruised and extremely exhausted but in one piece. Man, I hope it's a while before we do this again. Thank you to our friends who braved the 100 degree temps to unload the U-Haul. We've been adjusting to the new sounds that come along with our new house. and Jody and I have both picked out our new studios and I am happy to say that both have gorgeous views of the pool.

I've been having a love affair with the pool and the front porch here at the new house. As a matter of fact tonight we've been sitting on the porch watching the moon rise and it was so pretty that I just had to find the camera and snap a picture. The 4th of July is my absolute favorite holiday. It brings back childhood memories of swimming at Aunt Margaret's, going to cookouts and eating burnt hot dogs, roasting marshmallows, and watching fireworks over Boldt Castle in my hometown of Alexandria Bay, NY. So, on the eve before the fireworks and summer at its best, I ask you to have a hotdog or two with extra mustard, and I promise to do the same.

No comments: