Sunday, August 3, 2008

Painting the Venue, New Cross



We’ve started painting the new bar at the Venue on Friday and Saturday. Both days were at least 12 hours spent with a paintbrush in hand. Having earned a day of rest we made the decision to take today off. But back to work tomorrow.

I have included couple of images of what I am doing in the Venue with this entry. The theme of the room is the 1960’s. With that in mind the images are of Twiggy and Jane Fonda (from Barbarella). The image of Jane Fonda is cool because if you stand in just the right place the orange face lines up exactly with the blue face in the background.

The room sort of has a retro feel with a modern twist. Let me know what you think. I start working on the ceiling tomorrow. Will keep you posted on the state of the room (and my neck).

No comments: