Sunday, February 26, 2012

From Too Big to Ta Da!

I just got back from the Craft Gallery where the ever Lovely Betty Wilson fired my too big piece. I think the title will stay King Richard. She is a big girl measuring about 23 inches from head to toe and on the leash is King Richard the bird who isn't sure what he is. Part grackle (one of my FAVORITE birds), the red of a cardinal, part crow, part Labrador.

 Little Chrissy my kiln is only 18 inches high and I tried just about everything to make the large figure fit. Even took the bottom shelf out, leaned her sideways (the figure not the kiln). It was a no go and not meant to be. So thank you Betty. If you're a ceramic artist in Palm Beach County... go to Betty Wilson at the Craft Gallery for supplies and firing. Love you Betty.

I am still debating where to show her. The options; at Piedmont Craftsmen Things with Wings show, or over at Clay Glass Metal Stone gallery. I actually have a table full of art again, so you'll know I will be firing little Chrissy again this weekend. Maybe I'll get all of the stuff sorted that didn't fit in the firing this weekend.

2 comments:

Leanne E said...

She's stunning!! Have fun :)

Victoria said...

Thank you my dear! I know you'll be watching to see the little salt and peppers that come out of Chrissy after this weekend! Have a great Monday (oh, where do the weekends go...)