Wednesday, January 11, 2012

Pour Some Sugar... I Mean Salt on Me


These are a new set of salt and pepper shakers. They're fun to make. I have 4 sets in my studio at various stages of wet and dry. Next week gallery walk in Wilton Manners where my work will be featured at Greg Mangum Gallery. Most likely I will be pulling these off Etsy (unless they sell) and bringing them down to the gallery. They're small only about 6 inches high, but I suppose that's big as far as salt and pepper shakers go.

I am enjoying making these but I've been invited to take part in a teapot show at Morgan Contemporary Glass Gallery in Pittsburgh, PA and I really need to start working on that. Luckily there are a few ideas swimming around in the old noggin. Honestly, when I work I usually grab a lump of clay with no thought and just see what happens. Knowing me I will make 2 and pick the better of the two for the show. Actually that reminds me the Mad Hatter Exhibition at the Armory in West Palm is fast approaching and I need to make something for that.

If only I didn't feel so lazy tonight I would get started. Fiddle Dee Dee, there's always tomorrow.


1 comment:

Leanne E said...

I looove the salt and pepper shakers and hope they go to a great home! (They would never see salt or pepper at my place :) ) Good luck with your ventures :)