Tuesday, January 12, 2016

Take Care of Yourself

Well, you know how everyone makes resolutions at the New Year? And snarky me is always "hell no resolutions are so lame!"Well, I sort of have a resolution; to listen to my body. Here's a picture of my left leg and foot. (and an old doll on my bedroom wall)
Notice the cast? Remember those races I ran this year? It seems some of them were run on a stress fractured heel bone. And if you keep jogging on a fractured bone terrible things will happen. I was busy with work and didn't have the time to schedule a doctor's visit. Sound familiar?

A large lump developed below the ankle and that's what finally got me to the doctor. And I couldn't walk anymore. I had surgery last Friday and here I am. May I add, CRUTCHES SUCK!

 If you have something that hurts, is lumpy or just isn't right please just go see a doctor. And if it lasts longer than a few weeks, it probably won't go away on its own. The moral of the story? You are worth more than you know. Watch for dolls with foot issues.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hello Victoria
How is your ankle?Did you have your cast removed?I was in a cast too.I broke my wrist and thumb playing soccer.I had my third cast removed months ago.Hope you feel better and you dont have any pain.Best wishes and take care.