Saturday, October 13, 2012

NIADA: National Institute of American Doll Artists

More good new, I have been notified that my work has been accepted into the NIADA (National Institute of American Doll Artists). I have a few things to put together and the final decision is made next year at their annual conference. If you aren't familiar the NIADA is a prestigious organization for the Doll Art. I have to say I never really considered my work dolls, but a lot of people call them dolls so I thought why not join.

If you're not familiar with the organization visit their website and check out some of the art. It's the best of the best. Beautiful works of art and I am truly honored to have my toe in the door with them.

Here's a definition I found on Wikipedia:
 A doll is a model of a human being, often used as a toy for children. Dolls have traditionally been used in magic and religious rituals throughout the world, and traditional dolls made of materials like clay and wood are found in the Americas, Asia, Africa and Europe. 

I have to confess I like the latter point: used in magic and religious rituals. Mine are meant to magically transfer people into a happier state of mind and are made with good intentions and blessings.



 

No comments: