Tuesday, March 13, 2012

You're My Bud...

I fired the Chrissy the kiln Sunday and didn't unload until late Sunday night. I was actually looking at the clock and suffering from daylight savings-itus saying "please God... let it cool so I can unload and go to bed". Monday was back to work and suffering from end of spring break-itus. So I just went outside and picked a big honking hibiscus flower from the front yard and shot some images of my work. I know, I know... the flower is bigger than her head. I looked lecherously at a purple orchid I have in my tree and said Vic...don't do it.

These new pieces are "bud vases" in two ways. The can hold a single bud or flower and they can become your new little buds. The ones posted here represent the blondes and brunettes. The blonde is about 10 inches high and the brunette is about 9 inches high. I think my latest crazy obsession is polka-dots, can you tell? Actually I have always loved them even though migraine sufferers are supposed to avoid bold patterns I am strangely drawn to stripes and dots. I hope to put some of the new work on Etsy in the next few days. Do stay tuned.

Oh, and if you are in the area I have a couple of pieces in a show that opens this Saturday at JF Gallery in West Palm Beach. Hope you can make it.

No comments: