Friday, November 25, 2011

New Pieces on Etsy

My sister Kelly phoned me today and said "I went to your blog and you haven't written anything in ages, why not?" So in honor of Kelly I am posting an image of a new sculpture which I have for sale on Etsy. This wall sculpture measures approximately 17 inches high is actually inspired by childhood memories of Kelly and me.

The joined bodies represent the closeness siblings share. The white wing represents the protection of an unseen guardian angel. It can also represent how regardless of the squabbles you may have you are joined to family and hold an unseen bond. The panties they wear are similar to the horrible rubber pants we wore over our cloth diapers. (I know... TMA)

In nutshell, if you have family that you love tell them so. Kelly, I love you and thanks for poking to write this. Hey... that sounds like a great concept for another piece.

No comments: