Saturday, August 9, 2008

Mission Accomplished!


The painting at the Venue is basically done. We went last night and worked on the back of the room. We may go on Monday to give it a once over just to be sure it looks polished.

I added one more mural last night, Bond. James Bond. I found the poster for From Russia with Love and used that and took the liberty of adding a bullseye behind 007 and some smoke coming from his gun. (I think he always had some gun in his pants smoking, didn't he?)

If you are a fan of SNL watch this YouTube video spoof of Sean Connery on Jeopardy. They absoulutely CRACK me up. (suck it Trebek).

More good news. I went to a gallery in the East End yesterday and inquired about representation. I brought two little sculptures with me and showed them to the gallery director. She said the work was and I quote “exceptional”. She loved the concept and said she would LOVE to show my work. I have to get a packet together with CV and images and she said perhaps in the new year I could have my work included in a show. I will keep you all posted on the outcome.

Isn’t life great!

1 comment:

Margaret AnnLembo said...

V!
You are already becoming a famous artist! I am so impressed by your work. Aren't you glad you stepped forward to fulfill your life's mission? I can't wait to see all the photos.
Keep up the great work,
Margaret Ann