Thursday, March 20, 2008

Palm Tree Mural


The palm tree painting went very well. As the result of painting so much for the past 6 weeks at Slainte, my hand just flew across the wall and the trees were completed in approximately 40 minutes. I lowered the price a bit because it was done so fast.

Today, I want to relax and read a book. Yesterday I paid a visit to my dear girlfriend Margaret's shop The Crystal Garden. While visiting she gave me a book to read; A New Earth by Eckhart Tolle. If you are in Boynton Beach perhaps before you go to admire the gorgeous Slainte pub (wink wink), stop by Margaret's shop the and browse around. It is quite lovely. They provide complimentary tea and the store is chock full of incense and oils and I do buy a lot of my funky jewelry there.

I am a firm believer in supporting small local businesses and artists. Especially in these times where the economy is less than glowing, they need us.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Looking at the collection of art work you have posted, I must say, I am impressed. I can only imagine the time it took to complete each piece; everything from your painted plates, to the Slainte. It warms my heart to see someone who loves art. Just do not forget your roots, I know i still remember a certain Fox sketch that a certain person made for my grandma and papa. :)

Victoria said...

Well, what a nice treat. Yes, it does take a long time for some of the work. But I am SO BLESSED AND SO LUCKY to be able to earn a living from what I love doing.

You know, I have a couple of those Red Fox's in my print folder.If you wanted I could try to dig one out? Thanks for writing, it is always nice receiving feedback.